EASY BRUSCHETTA DIP RECIPE – ASIAN STYLE
NOT YOUR TYPICAL EASY BRUSCHETTA
Most of you already know, but I’ll just put it down here for educational purposes: A typical Bruschetta is an Italian starter dish which consists of grilled bread, rubbed with spices and herbs and usually has tomatoes and vegetables as toppings.
GETTING TO KNOW THE METHOD
Easy Bruschetta Dip Recipe – Asian Style
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 to 4 small onions finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet or saucepan, add 2 tbsp oil and add chopped garlic, half of the chopped onions, and chopped green chilliies.
- Saute at medium flame until the onions turn slightly golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with sugar and salt. Cover the lid of the saucepan and leave at low flame for 5 mins or until the tomatoes become tender.
- Add in soy sauce, black pepper powder, white pepper powder and Worcestershire sauce,
- Cover and the lid and let it cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are completely dissolved.
- After 5 mins, check if your tomatoes have reached the desired consistency. You can add a little bit of water if it has gone too dry.
- Add the remaining chopped onions and cook the sauce for another minute and turn off the flame.
- Take out the in the serving bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Serve with french bread or chips
You can serve this dip hot, cold or at room temperature. It stays amazing in all cases. Although I personally prefer serving it at room temperature.